Friday, January 19, 2007

For The Restless


Been a strange week, filled with more ups and downs, more highs and lows than I can remember for a long while. Our album 'Lens Flare' came out this week. After over a year of hard work writing, recording and designing, we were finally done. We had a whole massive box of shiny brand new CDs ready to go, which is something I never thought I'd see. And people were excited about it, not just our friends but new fans we'd made abroad as well (and I say this in disbelief, as I don't think either myself or James imagined ever having people we didn't know order the album from overseas). More than anything I wanted to enjoy this.

And for a day I did. The day after the album was done, James and the amazing Jonster got our website up to speed so people could buy the album at a simple click of a button. It looks amazing, so check it out HERE.

I was meant to be at the website meeting, but had been hit by a coldy thing and then had to work.

The next day I don't remember a lot of, except drifting in and out of shouty sleep and having a face that felt 20 feet wide with roadworks going on inside it, and no voice to speak of (so to say).

The next day (today) I physically could not leave my bed before 4pm (I tried once and bashed my ribs pretty good), and still had no voice. By 7pm I was feeling better-ish, and all my friends were going out for the evening. I knew there was no way I could drink as I'd not eaten for 3 days straight and was on anti-biotics, and more than a sip of water every hour brought on the vom. But still I thought it might do me good. Alas the weather was shit, so I thought a 20-minute walk in torrential wind and rain might set my recovery back a few days.

Tomorrow I am working, and I'll be fine for that, but certainly in no mood for the pub afterwards.

So, absolutely elated about the album release this week, something our friends have been waiting a while for now. Could not be more happy. And totally devastated that I won't be able to see my friends and be there when they get a copy. This is selfish and I know it, it doesn't matter if I'm there or not... Like I said, conflicted...

UPDATED: Went to the pub after finishing work in the end... and had a great time... and don't even get me started on Dirky Dancing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennie-Dee said...

Sounds like you threw up all the antibiotics anyway, so you could have come out to play the night before aswell! Missed opportunity!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home