Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In A Coma


Comics are great! I mean really, really great! I used to read them all the time as a child, Batman mainly, those 75p a week/fortnight editions that last for 10 minutes once you get home. But recently, thanks to Jonster and The Si-ning, I have been getting back into them, mainly graphic novels.

There are some shit ones ('Excaliber' being one), but there's a whole world of interesting stories and amazing artwork to be enjoyed if you dig a little deeper. Or have friends that fill your bag with arty goodness when you see them.

So lately I've been ordering old graphic novels off the net like a crack addict ordering crack off the net. Namely, 'Batman: The Killing Joke', 'Watchmen' and 'Arkham Asylum'. I don't own it (yet) but I highly suggest getting a copy of 'Strangers In Paradise'. It is, hands down, the best comic/graphic novel I've read in all my life. And doesn't even have any superheroes in it! Just two slightly fucked-up women and a slightly surreal story. It. Is. Genius.

That's it for now. Go find your inner child (not like that! You sicko!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home