Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Unknown Pixies


This has been a good day. In stark contrast to yesterday which involved scummy chavs stealing a bottle - nay, a magnum - of champagne, and then consequent hours of police phone calls and feeling extremely pissed off. The thing is, they stole the magnum cuz it was the biggest and they assumed it was the most expensive. It sells for £60. If they'd looked one shelf higher they'd have have seen the Dom Perignon and Krug, £100 a bottle. Despite the fact that we only keep dummy bottles of those on the shelf, I have reached a conclusion: Thieves are fucking stupid.

Dad is settled quite nicely in his new job. Before this one he was always pretty much a 9-5 man, weekends off etc. Now he's joined our lovely league of shiftwork, he seems to understand what we've been bitching about all these years. But it's great, and it finally feels like the family is clicking. For once all of us have something in common.

Relating to the title of this blog, I have a history of finding crushes and obsessing about them. Normally I do nothing about them. Once or twice I have, and they have ended in either rejection or being ignored. But I have a new one. I know nothing about her, not even her name, but her infrequent visits into my place of work light up my day. She is quite tiny, blonde, and pixie-like. I shall keep you posted on how this goes (bets labelled 'I bet he never talks to her' will be disregarded due to unfair insider information).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Nice piccy! It's nearly over, sob!
So, have you talked to her yet then? Come on, have you? Hurry!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home